View Single Post
Old 08-03-12, 12:57 PM
fandresu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zark
Well, once the weather gets a little better I'll probably ride a little more. I'm just getting into biking again so I have to get used to traffic conditions in NYC for cyclists--an intimidating adjustment for me. I actually ended up purchasing the Sirrus Sport but when I expressed my indecision at the bike shop, the mechanic told me that I can take the Sport home and if I want to upgrade later -- they take returns/exchanges within 30 days. That seems like an amazingly good policy for a bike shop around here. I feel a little shady using a bike though and then just exchanging it for another -- so I feel like I have to make a decision soon.

Thanks for your reply! I thought I'd probably ending up just keeping the Sport, but what you said about good parts being available for an 8 speed concerns me--I didn't know they were less common.
Hey Zark,

Old thread, but i'm looking into a Sirrius as well. Almost identical situation. 2 questions for you...

1. What shop did you get the bike from? Would you recommend going there...i'm guessing you would with that nice return policy.

2. 2 years later, are you happy with your purchase?

I'm wanting to get a Sirrius soon, and in between the Sport and Elite as well. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks