sstang13
Riding the bike I love.

Bikes: Marinano Delta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Syscrush
First, if you do try to fix your bike, you will probably screw stuff up at first, but over time you'll learn what you're doing, and have skills that will last you a lifetime. So don't be too shy about getting your hands dirty! There are lots of helpful how-to's on YouTube, Sheldon Brown, here, and elsewhere on the web. Ask questions & do research, use the right tools, and give it a shot!

Secondly, Rattlesnake is a really tough climb. If you think that standing up when you're only halfway up (and not at the really steep part yet) is going to help make your legs less tired, you've got a whole lot to learn about cycling technique. I don't mean that as any kind of insult, but when your legs are burning out, you should be dropping down gears and keeping your RPMs up. I suggest that you should be doing some reading and/or some club rides to learn proper technique.

Lastly, if you're on the rightmost chainring, you shouldn't be on the leftmost 2-3 cogs, and vice-versa. The chainrings and cogs are arranged the way that they are so that you don't have to cross up the chain like that. It's not surprising if you have noise/skipping problems when running the chain crossed up.

Good luck getting this sorted out, and I hope you enjoy your long ride.
Well actually I was on the wrong side of it and descended down to half and turned around, but either way, it screwed up. I did airport road last Saturday, and if you know the first hill when you reach the hilly part, coming from Guelph, it's about 1.9km long, and me and my dad went down airport road and back for about 60km total, and finished with that climb. I averaged around 17 kmh overall on the climb, impressive, I know . But ya I do my fair share of climbing so I think I know enough, at least for the hills Ontario has, not pro at it or anything though. Anyway, I was on the easiest gear possible the whole time! And thanks for the luck, I'll need it.