View Single Post
Old 08-03-12, 10:59 PM
MadCityCyclist

Bikes: Brompton M6R, Salsa Mukluk II, Trek 7500, Raliegh fixie, 3 SS cruisers, JC Higgins Color Flow, Junker Flying Jet, KHS F20-A, Worksman trike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I rarely use the wheels, but I use the rack all the time.

The EZ wheels are a nice feature, but it isn't perfect. The wheels can't take a lot of weight so if you're shopping for a family or planning on carrying a big load they don't work so well. Plus, the rack is small so the width between the wheels is not too far, so it's easy to tip over the bike if the basket/bag on the front gets full. Finally, the wheels are small so if there's a carpet or mat on a tiled or concrete floor it has a good chance of snagging and getting caught in the wheels.

One of the reasons I bought a Brompton was for its shopping cart mode, but because all the grocers where I live have throw mats in front of the produce departments and other places, I never use it as such. I use the Brompton for just about everything else, and the rack comes in handy quite often.

If I had to do it all over again knowing what I know now, I'd still get the rack, but not because of the EZ wheels...just for the rack.