Old 08-06-12, 03:36 AM
Latty

Bikes: Specialized Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On a late come back!

Hi guys (and girls!) my name is Tim I turned 30 a few months back and have decided to go back to my love of cycling with the aim of actually becoming the best possible rider I can be this time. I used to race cross country mtb as a teenager to quite a high standard and although stopping training and racing around 18 have always had a natural fitness and speed whenever getting on a bike since. My 20's have not been a healthy period in my life to say the least! I have smoked through most of the past decade and drunk very heavily enjoying the party scenes also yoyo'd in weight a lot too. I did have one small brief respite from all this when I was 27, I got a road bike and trained for about 9 months for a 100K sportive across Dartmoor, I set the fastest time of well over 800 people and was about to start racing but then got a job in a pub and it all went to pot again. Anyhow here I am 30 a couple of months ago and am on my fourth week of riding/training, I also gave up the cigs for good 2 weeks ago. I've done around 10hrs a week on the bike for the past 4 weeks and am setting about this to gradually increase training and this time round reach my full potential as a rider. Kind of looking at this as very early winter training to be in good form for racing and sportives next year. Be real good to meet some people on here to keep me motivated and offer me advice and tips, I've got pretty good knowledge but always like to here more from people. Look forward to hearing from you!