Old 08-07-12, 10:44 PM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Bacciagalupe
Yeah, that actually sounds worse.

They're replacing the Wittpenn Bridge, so that area is more of a nightmare than usual. They are closing the bridge on weekends for the next two months. For some reason I cannot understand, they put in two big loops of road, which means you're going to have a lot of confused drivers not paying attention. Just driving over there right now is bad enough.

Plus, you still end up on Lincoln Highway and cycling through parts of Newark. AFAIK that area isn't a total disaster, but it's not exactly scenic.

Crossing the Hackensack River isn't much of an issue once you get up near Fort Lee. The river is much smaller, and crossings are frequent.

Considering that it takes a whopping 20-30 minutes to get from Exchange Place to Newark Penn, I'm sticking to the train.
I can see your point in not taking the Lincoln Highway bridge. However, taking the train eliminates the experience and isn't that what we are looking for? I was impressed taking the route for the first time and even the second. There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

Having lived in Jersey City and Bayonne my whole life, this is like a totally different town! I never went down there before in my life and I've been here 45 years! It's like a whole new world was opened and I will continue to explore this new community only available by car.