View Single Post
Old 08-10-12, 11:07 AM
nashcommguy
nashcommguy

Bikes: Commuters: Fuji Delray road, Fuji Discovery mtb...Touring: Softride Traveler...Road: C-dale SR300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
Man that Fantom is almost completely sold out on BD, except for a few sizes of the chrome frame (icky). But I do see one difference between it and most RB's in that the head tube is a bit shorter than what you see on most RB's.
Could only find blue, gray and yellow in the CX2x9 model. I have seen MB chrome framesets on BD, but can't remember the models.

Btw, forgot to mention my commute is 33 miles rt daily. Clothing for the week is taken in on Mondays. Lunch daily. My soiled work clothes and lunch containers are taken homeward every day. The MB bags are a set of Jandd front bags I bought at a swap meet for 10.00USD w/rain covers and frt rack. The steerer tube is partially covered w/my 'dog dealer'. It's an old cell phone holster zip-tied and has an air-horn and 'Shield Spray' from Pet Smart. The airhorn works pretty well for the most part. The spray can go any direction and I rarely use it. The dog has to be right on top of me.

My thought is that all three of the bikes consitute a 'commuter rig'. They're all kept in top-notch mechanical condition and one is always available to use. Like I said I'm not a big fan of the hybrid, but it runs smooth, shifts well and does it's job as a back-up. This winter I'm adding a Univega mtb 3x7 that I found at Goodwill for 10.00. It'll be tricked out for commuting like the other 3 except I'm getting studded tires for it. It'll be used for snow/ice days here in Mid-TN. We live rural well beyond the plows and I've been house bound a couple of times because of road conditions. A bike w/studded tires should get me to and from work.