View Single Post
Old 08-12-12, 05:27 PM
gveng

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
By all means, learn to do it yourself! it's really not hard and you'll bleed your wallet dry paying a shop to do something as basic as switching out your tires. if by chance you meant "tubes" then really - you absolutely have to know how to do that in case you get a flat while riding. You may still want to have a shop give your bike a once over for the drive train and other components that you may not be famliiar with, but there are tons of how-to videos on youtube and parktool.com is a great resource too.

So, back it up a notch - what kind of bike did you get? (Pictures! We like pictures) What kind of shape is it in? Will the tires hold pressure if you pump them up?

Assuming it's ready to go riding, do you have a little kit with spare tubes, patch kits, tire levers & a pump or something to re-inflate the tire?

Congrats on your new machine, I hope it serves you well.
Sorry I forgot pictures! haha

Here it is, my first road bike, a specialized allez. Nothing special but I love it so far!

I would consider it in decent shape. it has scratches, mismatched tires, and it's been sitting for the past year. But for the price I paid I can't complain.

The bike itself is in ride-able condition, the tubes hold air, the brakes work, components work.

Things on the to do list:
-get fitted
-buy gear
-new tires (maybe tubes as well)
-clean it up (the chain and sprockets are covered with grease)
-learn how to use clip in pedals

Last edited by gveng; 08-13-12 at 02:01 AM.