View Single Post
Old 08-13-12, 10:09 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Well, I'd suggest calming down (I can see you're close to the situation, so let it rest for a week) and then go have a cup of coffee or something with her and calmly describe what you're feeling. Some people are adroit at not being able to see how their behavior affects others but it's worth giving her a chance.
I am calm just frustrated. I am not leaving group....yet. Going to see how things go. Just needed to vent.

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
What was wrong with just having a meetup once a week for rides? Why do people have to go get all formal about stuff? My wife manages my daughter's club soccer team and ugh, the personalities. Some people... can't live with 'em, can't hit 'em in the head with a brick.
My thinking exactly. I talked on my Wed ride with her longtime pal about my stepping down from my position as VP/co-organizer...and got feedback that made me feel better about my reaction/feelings to what had been going on. I remain as a ride leader which I hope remains enjoyable.

Im just glad I don't "need" the group to motivate me to ride.