View Single Post
Old 08-14-12, 07:35 AM
IBOHUNT

Bikes: Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by JimF22003
Nice report, IBO! This ride really killed me for some reason. I was really more wasted after this ride than Mountain Mama (although in a different way.) My legs were just constantly burning the whole time. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful ride though.

I was one of the numerous people wearing "Mountains of Misery" jerseys. I had one of the purple ones from 2011

Hey, we could make it a "three-fer" and do the Eat a Peach ride in Westminster next weekend. Still haven't decided on that one though. Day-of registration is $50, which is kinda steep...
It was a challenging ride after Mountain Mama - no doubt!
I did see a number of folks cross training on the ride up Mt. Laurel road back to San-Mar on leg 3 of the century and then more on Cool Hollow road on the way to Smithsburg.

I'll be in my truck Saturday headed to Myrtle beach then on to Lake Okeechobee with my bow to get a Gator and hogs.
I have decided to take the cross bike along to practice some of the challenging overpass repeats they have at the beach and in Florida.
Won't be back until the 28th, just in time to get the legs wound up for the Civil War Century out of Thurmont. Need to get that one over early so I can jump in the tree that evening - Archery season starts on the 8th this year