View Single Post
Old 08-14-12, 04:37 PM
surreycrv 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sstang13
I did my first century last week. It was exactly 155km so maybe you could say I havn't done one yet but it was with my dad. We completed it in 6hrs 30min of riding. Total of about 7 hours for rest stops and bathroom breaks. 5 stops. It was great because my shoulders never gave out as they usually do after 70km and we had no problems with the bike (chain drop, flat tire etc..) but my cyclometer did break from some crazy rain storm but then I dried it and fixed it after.

Anyway, my question here is, why after century/ metric century rides, even successful ones like this, do I lose some love for riding!? I havnt rode in 8 days! I was going to yesterday but there was a storm, and now I don't even want to today! My dream is to ride in a professional race someday And I do love to ride! But after rides like this, I get these verrrryyy long periods of not wanting to ride. Please help!
I'd venture to guess you don't really want to ride then. Because if you did, then you would have gone for a 20 mile spin the next day. Stop dreaming and start doing.