View Single Post
Old 08-11-05, 06:16 AM
As You Like It
Enthusiasm on Wheels

Bikes: 1953 Schwinn Debutante, 1971 Hercules 3-speed, 1973 Schwinn Suburban, 1990 Huffy White River, 1990-something Bianchi Advantage, 1996 Trek 800

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think that would actually work out just fine, because you would rip open the seam on the top of the shoulder and insert the extension, so you would have a small seam on either side of your shoulder, front and back. I don't see how it would be a problem unless the seam ended up very bulky (unlikely) or if you were planning on carrying a backpack, the straps of which hit on exactly the same points of your shoulders as the bib straps.

Edited to add: In the early 1990s, when bodysuits were the big fashion for girls, I liked wearing them, but because I've got a long torso, I always had to add an extension to the bottom of the bodysuit, below where it would be hidden by my jeans. For that, I always used tee-shirt fabric. If you had an old pair of shorts that are pretty much trashed, you could actually salvage scrap fabric from those for your strap extenders.