Old 08-15-12, 06:03 PM
JakiChan

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tell me about your weight loss plateau.

I'm getting frustrated. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it.

As I've posted before, I started my weight loss program back at the beginning of 2011. I was 460 then, 235 now. I know that's a huge drop, but I'm getting frustrated because it's REALLY slowed down. My goal weight is 210 (I'm 5'11") since the surgeon says we should account for about 10 - 15lb of skin that we'll remove at some point and my final goal weight is basically anything below 200.

I'm not really looking to change my diet program - it's medically supervised and they're not worried. But going from losing 3 - 5lb a week to just slowly slowly dropping or just maintaining is frustrating. Especially since I would like to move on to "phase 2" (which is what they call maintenance). I may have to do so before reaching my goal weight, simply because there are times where training on the bike and the diet are not compatible. This last 25lb are just killing me.

It also seems like the more I ride the more water I retain as my muscles recover from the workouts. It seems if I back off the bike for a bit - take a day or two off - then I spend a day peeing like mad and *boom* I'm down. So I suppose I should a) be looking at things other than the scale and b) try to take confidence in what I've done so far, but it's hard.

I'm hoping to hear some similar stories here. So tell me about a rough plateau you've faced - especially if it had a happy ending!