View Single Post
Old 08-16-12, 10:24 AM
rbart4506
You blink and it's gone.

Bikes: Race bike, training bike, go fast bike and a trainer slave.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sstang13
Ya it's only by age group like U15, U17, U19 and when you become an adult it's like Master A, Master B, stuff like that. They have an OCup (Ontario Cup) for the 'good' riders that can win a lot. They added a youth cup for kids that race, but aren't yet good enough to race provincial or for things like the OCup. So it makes sense to give kids like me a chance to race for something but not againt people wayy better than us that have raced before and know what they're doing, but when I look at results from the youth cups, all of the better riders placing top 10 in OCup's are sweeping the youth cup podium. So it's basically unfair, and unless you can ride with the best, you probably won't have a chance winning anything. I personally like that cat 5-1 format better.
Master A, B....etc is for riders that are over 30 and that's only for Provincials and Nationals....For OCups it's Master 3,2,1 (ability based not age based)...Starting at age 35, if you want...Yes it's flippin confusing...
Once you turn 19 then it's Senior 4,3,2,1 until you decide you want to race Masters...

Lastly...OCup racing is not just for the best of the best...I race OCups and based on my results and ewang I suck!

Just get out there and race and stop worrying about winning...Train hard, race hard and let the chips fall where they may...Your goal should be to race with the best and if that's OCup then go there...