Pobble.808
alleged person

Bikes: 1970s Royal Scot 3-Speed, 2005 Breezer Villager 7-Speed IGH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question about eBay pick-up fee

Apologies if this issue has already been addressed in a zillion other threads -- I tried to do a search for it but I'm not an expert searcher.

I recently won an eBay auction for a bike [C&V content: it was a Raleigh 20] which was advertised as local pick-up only. This was OK with me, although it's in another state and I won't be able to pick it up until next month. Seller said he is OK with that.

Here is where it gets odd, or at least it seems odd to me: I went to Paypal to pay for it and found that a $10 "pick-up fee" had been tacked onto the sale price. This was not mentioned in the seller's auction terms, and when I queried him about it he said that he had no idea where it came from either, and offered to refund the $10 when I pick up the bike. Seller has a 100% rating so I am willing to believe that this hidden charge was not his doing.

I have only done a few eBay transactions in the past, and none of them were local pick-up. Is this some policy that eBay hides somewhere in the fine print?