View Single Post
Old 08-17-12, 11:22 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3897 Post(s)
Liked 4,828 Times in 2,228 Posts
Seeking info on '80s DeRosa

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to view this bike and I don't know squat about De Rosa. The current owner has only had the bike 6 years, doesn't seem to be sure of the model and didn't share any info about the bike's history on the phone or via email (maybe he'll open up in person). My BF/Internet search didn't find sufficient answers or pictures so I turn to the C&V BF experts.

Need help confirming: 1. the model as "Strada Pro"; 2. frame geometry (looks to be about 73 deg STA and HTA); 3. year of manufacture. Any info about the bike is appreciated.

Change the seatpost, dump the computer, clean handlebar tape, spare tubie and away we go.
If purchased, it will get used as a periodic rider and will add the SLX frameset missing from my international grupetto.

Thanks folks - Please help me be more informed before the preview.

Up for sale is a period correct 80's 61cm De Rosa (Strada Pro?) with an SLX tubeset and a Campagnolo C Record group set including Delta brakes. The top tube is 58.5cm. The crankset are 175mm in length. Wheels are Campy hubs laced to GP4 tubular rims with Continental Sprinter tires. It's a great riding bike and should be used more than it currently is. There are a few paint chips but the frame is straight and rides true. The most notable scrape is on the drive side brake stay and exposes the chrome underneath. With the light blue color it helps hide this blemish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
derosa1.jpg (98.2 KB, 429 views)
derosa2.jpg (97.2 KB, 408 views)
derosa3.jpg (70.9 KB, 166 views)
derosa4.jpg (78.4 KB, 169 views)