Puget Pounder
Wookie Jesus inspires me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris W.
Sweet ride!!!

Is there enough room for 38-42 tires? I think a flat crown fork with p-clamps would look better than a uni-crown with eyelets, but that's just me. Fenders?

Cheers,
Chris
You are probably right re: fork. The fork probably can't handle anything bigger than 36mm so that makes the choice easier. I will show some pics with clearances.

Originally Posted by thirdgenbird
Nearly spot on. I think a stainless steel bottle cage would make it perfect.
I will eventually go with some Iris cages. This is just there for now so I don't get too thirsty on my test rides.

Originally Posted by thirdgenbird
I think I m going to vote brown saddle and tape. I think it complements the outline on the letters and the natural tires well.
The brown certainly looks better. Of course, it all depends on what fits better. So I far I like the B17N, but I haven't tried a regular B17 in a while and the one I have is black.

Originally Posted by jolly_ross
Nice one.

A small velcro safety strip around the pump / top-tube would be good. Frame mounted pumps can hop out occasionally - if it goes through someone's spokes they'll fall.
Yeah, but this has a peg to keep everything in place and the pump is slightly too long for the frame. Putting the pump on takes some technique. It's on there.

Originally Posted by mudboy
Nice. Why not see if Rodriguez/R+E will build a new fork for you?
Time will decide this. I will run the chrome fork until I know I want this frame enough to get a custom fork.

Originally Posted by gomango
Like this build a lot.

Looks like a great all arounder.

I like the relaxed fit and you probably will as well.

Tape those bars and hit the road!

Also, I think Mudboy has a great idea. The frame is certainly a keeper.
Yep. This frame is made for the short commute and trails. Thanks for the kind words.