Old 08-20-12, 06:16 PM
FujiKid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"Slammed" my stem today for the first time, did something wrong (pics)

Hey all.

I know I'll probably get some laughs at this thread, but I decided to slam my stem yesterday for the first time. I've been a roadie for about 2 years now and have always wondered what it would be like.
So, BEFORE I actually did it. I looked up actually "How to" do it, and couldn't get a step by step guide anywhere. So, I basically just unscrewed my stem, took out the rings on the bottom of the stem (the ones that are on the fork tube) and flipped over the stem and rescrewed the stem in..

After this I had two big problems.. there was a BUNCH of space left over on the top of the fork tube (Pretty sure it's called this).. so, I put the spacers ON TOP of it instead of not having them on the fork tube at all.

Second problem and the biggest right now.. is the Brake cables! They're all bunched up and cramped because of the fact that I've lowered the stem.. How do I adjust them? They bicycle has the brake cables internally threaded through the frame, so I don't want to damage anything.

As of right now the front and rear brake pads keep getting sticking to the rim of my wheels, no matter how much I adjust them. My road bike has pretty "newish" type brakes that I'm not even used too, so it's a bit complicated for me.

Like I said, I expect some laughs. But I'm tired of having to go to the shop and having them do things for me. Thanks for reading!