Old 08-20-12, 09:49 PM
Blinkie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vital_Signs
The original intent of this thread wasn't to discuss the best and safest way to ride a bike, I had intended to try and look at cyclist from the view of an ignorant(not stupid) driver and why they would think cyclist don't belong on the road.
Blinkie, you are correct, I am ignorant of this topic and had originally not intended to get into this argument. So, even if I am wrong about what is and is not safe about riding a bike, it is still off-topic.
And furthermore, if I don't know this stuff and I ride a bike, how well do you think drivers who don't ride know it? Because they don't cover it in drivers school, I believe they categorized bicycles as pedestrians IIRC.
And finally you say what you actually meant in your previous posts.

There are many threads on BF discussing exactly what you just said. There have even been debates about how to best educate drivers, and the problematic fact is that it's all but impossible to effectively do so. You've mentioned living in Florida, which is a problematic State as far as cycling laws, and treatment of cyclists by law enforcement, are concerned.

In stead of taking five posts of verbosity, argumentative assertions, and contradicting yourself frequently, you may just want to say or ask what you mean. It shouldn't take five posts and fifteen paragraphs to do so. As you demanded of me, make it fit on an index card ... bro.