Old 08-21-12, 01:32 AM
DwarvenChef
Insane cycling cook

Bikes: Trek 7100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Omnivour pure and simple. Restrictive diets have caused more problems than they fix. I cut out processed foods and soda type drinks and my health increased tremendously. My wife (and doctor) are sure I would have died two years ago if I didn't fix my intake. I still eat foods that are considered taboo to a healthy diet, bacon and others, but I choose them very carefully and follow a weekly nutritional balance. I could care less what my fats or salts are from day to day, I look at it on a week to monthly balance. If I eat to much fat on this meal I back off on a few meals to balance it out, same with protiens and carbs. That way I don't end up with cravings and end up binging on crap or quiting all together.

I work in a major healthfood chain and see more and more Ex-vegitarians/vegans that had to give up that lifestyle due to health reasons. I'm not saying vegetarian diets are bad I'm just saying that to follow such a restrictive diet one MUST do their homework and be diligent on their diet or your going to have problems later in life. Quiting processed foods doesn't cause any health risks, but you can now add salt when you like to