Old 08-21-12, 05:41 AM
RayfromTX

Bikes: '11 CAADX105, '98 Rockhopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Vegetarian diet doesn't work with all people, it didn't with me. I had a family friend who was strict vegetarian and certified dietitian with a masters in this sort of thing, my family did what she said to the letter, and my energy levels plummeted, we tried the diet for 8 or 9 months and she knew my energy levels plummeted and added more proteins into the diet to get me back up and nothing she did worked. Went back to meat and within a week I was back to normal. Funny thing is, well not so funny, she and couple of other people we knew that were all into this veggie diet are all dead from various cancers.

So I eat whatever strikes my fancy. And I haven't ever taken supplements even when I use to race. Although I did find out something interesting; I started drinking Espresso about 15 years or so ago, prior to drinking espresso I got an average of one cold a year, now I average one cold about every 4 to 5 years. And the colds now last an average of about 4 to 5 days whereas before they lasted about 7 to 8 days.
So espresso prevents the common cold and a vegetarian diet can cause cancer. Wow, I'm sure glad I come to bike forums to get my medical and nutritional information because all those medical journals must be hiding something. Surely all those studies they've done over the years have confirmed the same thing. Why don't they want us to know the truth about vegetarian diets and espresso.

If you follow a vegetarian diet and eat the processed junk from the center of the store you will have problems. If you mostly confine any diet to the crap found in the middle of the store you are in for trouble. Eat from the perimeter of the store. Eat fresh food and monitor your macro-nutrients until you get a feel for how to get what you need.

The one food for a healthy life? I'd go with oatmeal with a little whey protein, flax seed meal and blueberries.

Wanna know the truth? Actuarial tables used by life insurance companies. Wanna know some BS? Listen to some guy on the internet tell you what happened to someone once while inferring a cause and effect.

Last edited by RayfromTX; 08-21-12 at 05:47 AM.