View Single Post
Old 08-22-12, 08:54 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18415 Post(s)
Liked 15,542 Times in 7,329 Posts
Originally Posted by Thaddeus088
Go to your doctor. Ask them to wash out your ears with liquid. This helped clear my eustachian tube after I was vagabonding for 6 months without q-tips, only to use one well into the trip and jam a glob of wax in the back. I was pretty grummy, but after washing it out I felt an immediate relief. It was like that for over 2 months.
Like you, I had excessive wax build up in my ears and plugged them up trying to clean them with Q-tips. The wax then hardened and I had a very hard time hearing. My symptoms were similar to the OP's. I got my ears flushed at a local pharmacy that had a "wellness center" or whatever it was called. It was staffed by a nurse practioner. She put a little basin under my ears and blasted them with what essentially a high-powered squirt gun. I was shocked at the amount of crud that came out of my ears. The water was tinged brown and had lots of tiny pieces or hardened wax. I, too, got immediate relief.

You can do regular maintenance with Debrox or it's generic equivalent. It's a wax softener available at your local pharmacy. After using it, you flush your ears with a little bulb filled with warm water.