View Single Post
Old 08-24-12, 07:14 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny Rad
For my 3 LOTOJAs, I packed two tubes and 4 CO2 cartridges because I didn't want to get stranded between food stops waiting for a sag wagon.

I rode Ultremos of some variety each of the years (Ultremo, Ultremo R.1 and Ultremo EVO probably). The roads were in good, clean shape. Your tires should be fine, but just in case.

I was fortunate enough to never flat during LOTOJA. Same went for all but one of my teammates who flatted once in three years.
Yep, I don't normally get flats either using the Conti GP 4000s. That is what has me so tempted to run the tubular setup. But I will play it safe and use the lighter Zen clinchers with the GP 4000s mounted. Now I have to decide which bike which will dictate tire size. I normally run 700 x 25c for a bit more comfort with no noticable loss in speed. But the CR1 Pro looks to tight in the rear to mount 25C tires so according to my decision I maybe forced to the 23s. May do it anyway for a tad less weight to spin up the hills. Sure I'm going to be hurting after 200 miles anyway so...