View Single Post
Old 08-24-12, 09:03 AM
Homeyba

Bikes: Colnago C-50, Calfee Dragonfly Tandem, Specialized Allez Pro, Peugeot Competition Light

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some RBA's are more anal about the rules than others but safety should really be your first concern. Having said that, I usually don't bring lights (headlights anyway) on 200k's unless they start in the dark or finish late at night. I almost always have a red taillight on the bike. It doesn't matter if its on blinking or not. There is some debate about which mode is "safer" but I doubt anyone is going to DNF you if your light is in blinking mode instead of continuous. I usually have two of them on my bike anyway. One on each seatstay. As far as the headlight goes, I bring a second LED headlight, that is my "spare" bulb. The second one is just a small really light battery powered LED that works well for climbing speeds, as a flashlight and as a main light in emergencies. That should cover you.

One thing you'll find is that the majority of brevets under 1000kms are pretty casual and not very many RBA's actually inspect the riders equipment.