View Single Post
Old 08-24-12, 02:55 PM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill
I really like that dual camera setup. The helmet cam makes it look more "flowy", while the lower position of the fork-mounted camera gives a greater impression of speed. I have noticed the same thing when I look at the footage from my GoPro mounted on the chest strap vs. my ContourHD on my helmet.

On the MTBR forums, some people said that they didn't like the chest mount perspective, so I made a second video from the helmet cam footage:
I'm always looking for new camera perspectives. Some of the footage I used in my Tour de Cure video were done with the cam mounted to a frame-pump length of PVC, used as a handle to sweep the camera down low while riding. I haven't tried it out yet, but I have an aerial view chaser built up to mount on a rear rack and look down at me from above/behind. Should make for some neat road footage.
The issue with many mount points is vibration (especially off-road.) Thankfully I can edit much of the shake out of it with PowerDirector. I was amazed to see such clean footage from the fork-cam.