Old 08-24-12, 08:52 PM
LuMax

Bikes: Specialized S-Works Tarmac 2019 "Sagan" Edition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
My new trailer for cruising, adding audio system next!

In addition to both mountain and road biking, I am an enthusiastic cruiser-bike cyclist.
I am a member of 5 different cruiser clubs and usually spend 1-2 nights a week cruising with one of these groups. Usually we meet at a pub and then ride to other pubs, but on nice summer evenings it's always fun to go to a local park and sip frosty beverages outside. Since no one in my groups had a decent cooler for hauling beer, I decided to take the project on.

Step 1: Buy a used Burley on Craig's List for $50

Step 2: Strip all of the child-friendly bits

HINT: Always be certain to include a small dog in the photo for proper scale. ;-)

Step 3: Clean the beejesus out of it. I used a Scotch-Brite pad and lots of soap

Step 4: Lay on lots of gloss black enamel to match my bike

Step 5: Thoroughly clean and paint an old cooler black also

Step 6: Make a new cargo bed out of red oak and paint it to match.

Step 7: Painstakingly mask and paint the trailer wheels to match the wheels on your cruiser.
HINT: Drinking beer while masking each individual spoke and spoke nipple makes the process far less painful.

Step 8: Paint and mount the oak rack to the trailer frame and install the finished wheels

Step 9: Have some decals made to match the logo on your cruiser bike and stick them to the sides of the cooler

Step 10: Fill cooler with beer & ice, add dogs to cruiser basket and go cruising with many friends