Old 08-25-12, 07:08 PM
Athens80

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Giacomo 1
Even 15 years after the fact?

Don't we all have a reasonable expectation of a speedy "trial"? Shouldn't there be a time limitation for these agencies to prove the fact? How would you like to have a drug test you took 15 years ago still hanging over your head? Waiting for some govt. wonks to make a decision that can alter your whole life? That your employer can still take your job away after all those years?

There needs to be a time limitation on these things, or a vendetta can be the result, as we've seen in this case...
How about 2009? How about 2005?

I'm trying to follow your thought. Fifteen years ago was 1997. Is this case only about 1997? Is it at all about 1997?

How long is too long for USADA to prepare this case? When did they start -- I'm curious? I do know it was delayed until after the Federal investigation that was shut down without much explanation.

And what is the connection between a time limitation and a vendetta anyway? Do vendettas only start after fifteen years -- why would a lack of time limitations result in a vendetta?

We'd like to hear the evidence that USADA has. If they've had the evidence for years and sat on it, that's one thing. If there is critical, fresh evidence that has arisen in the last couple of years, that's something else.

"When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?"