Thread: Tire & Rim Size
View Single Post
Old 08-26-12, 03:45 PM
1 Lugnut

Bikes: Motobecane Grand Record, Colnago Super, Mondia Super, Mondia Special, Mondia Prestige (for sale 55cm),Titan Star, Titan Exklusiv, Windsor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts
Tire & Rim Size

I recently put a different set of wheels on my Windsor that I use for casual riding around town. The old set of wheels were 27" clinchers. After a few modifications, I was able to put a set of of 700C wheels on the bike. The wheels have been sitting around for years & I've aways wanted to put them into use, even though they are a bit heavy...but that's OK.

Being so old, the Michelin HD HI-Lite Supercomp tires (700x23C) mounted on the rims are cracking & need replacing. The rims are Mavic MA-2's laced to 36H Campy NR hubs. I am leaning towards Veloflex Clinchers for replacements. Since I don't like too big a tire, I was hoping a Veloflex Master 22 tire will fit on the MA-2, or is it too narrow a tire for it? The MA-2 measures 21mm outside width. Would I be better off using the larger Master 23 tire instead? I'm used to narrow tires. The former set of wheels had Specialized Touring II's 27"x1" mounted to Araya(?) rims that measure 19.5mm wide (outside to outside) and the tires only measured 21mm wide. I like that sized tire...

Last edited by 1 Lugnut; 08-26-12 at 05:16 PM.