ben4345
Kitten Legion Master

Bikes: Fuji silhouette, Dawes SST-aL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mobile 155
really? Don't you clean your bike after every ride? Or at least twice a week? I have a 91 klein that looks pretty new and i have been known to cringe with each and every scratch. In fact i plan on having it repainted as soon as i can find a good shop that can match the king of pain job klein did at the factory. I am also rather fond of some of the classic pro jerseys up to and including fdj. And space permitting i might pass someone on a clunker on a mup. But to my racing friends i have never been called a poser nor have i ever disparaged a rider on a hybrid or cruiser on the mup with walking shorts and a panama hat.

Some people are simply more enthusiastic about cycling than others. Yes there are posers i am sure. But just because someone drops more on their bike doesn't make them one. Just because the op was looking for clean lines on his bike doesn't qualify him as one either.

What i have never understood is the constant bad mouthing that goes on in bike forums about people who are willing to spend their hard earned cash on the best bike they can afford and keep it as nice as they can. When i used to belong to a sports car club those with bug eye sprites didn't call people in jags with english tweed posers. Do the same people that complain about pro looking jerseys accost people on the street in laker jerseys, dodger jackets, or jordan tennis shoes? No i think not. Whenever i hear people post about why they think someone would want zip wheels in a bmc team pro bike and they toss out poser i think their is a touch of envy somewhere. Who here wouldn't jump at the chance to win a free replica of a tdf winning bike? I guess there are those that don't think they deserve or are worthy of such a machine but i would love one. I would love to have one of cadel's or wiggin's bikes and i would be happy to have one of their jerseys.

But all of this was only to say i have never seen a post by the op that smackes of poser. And i do know plenty riders that don't want to clutter up the look of their bikes to the point of not using a computer at all.
lol?

I am assuming you are being facetious.

Last edited by ben4345; 08-28-12 at 10:43 PM.