View Single Post
Old 08-29-12, 09:07 AM
jbchybridrider 

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked 390 Times in 149 Posts
Originally Posted by clarkbre
Towing my kiddo home from daycare today, my nextdoor neighbor saw me on the road. Lately, I have been using my older MTB that I put street tires on but have been wanting a more hybrid-ish bike. The weight, front suspension, and low gearing of my MTB really make it not ideal for road use. When I pulled in the driveway, she walked over and started commenting on how much I've recently been on my bike. She then started talking about how she had her hip replaced last year and will not be on a bike again. She then offered me her bike if I was interested. Always looking for a good deal, I figured I'd look at it and see what she had. I went over and gave it a look over and bought it for $230 and a Coors Light. It's a Giant Innova 19", 21 speed with 700c x 35 tires, a rear rack, and a Novara rack trunk. She also threw in a pump and multiple tools. I figure not a bad purchace considering I was ready to pull the trigger on a new $700 Trek.

I have had one of these for "approx" 20 years. It's just a frame now but use to love riding the thing. I think Giant may have intended it as a Cyclocross bike but marketed it as a Hybrid, mine actually says cross on the head badge.
Recently I did a mock build up with 29er wheels, cross tires and dropbars and it looked good but haven't taken it on as a project yet with all the other bikes I'm building up.
Yours looks original and as new, that's one bike to hang onto. It look beautiful.