DCB0
Banned.

Bikes: CCM Torino 76

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
How is changing the shifters and seat post throwing money into a hole? I would do the same. If it improves his riding experience and makes him want to ride it more, it's worth every penny.

I personally love trigger shifters and hate grip shifters, so yeah I would definitely be changing those.
You are right. THere are certaily things that are not malfunctioning or broken that will make a person enjoy riding more. I personally hate old gripshifters so much that in my mind I probably blocked out their existance when I looked at the picture.

I will rephrase my statement: Unless there is something not working properly or that you don't like about the bike, nothing is worth upgrading or changing.

For instance: The shape of the handlebars is not as comfortable as the ones on your other favourite bike... replacing the handlebars is a decent idea.
You refer modern ergo grips to the stock ones... replacing the grips is a good idea
The bike has an Acera front derailleur... unless it is worn out or broken, replacing with an XT derailleur is a waste of money.