Old 08-30-12, 02:15 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
Originally Posted by Digital_Cowboy
Gene,

I did not say or suggest that the handicap not be allowed to drive. What I said us that because of the fact that they are handicapped, that they have to prove that they can safely drive a car on the public roads. That us not saying that they shouldn't be allowed to drive.

And as a Disabled Vet myself, I understand that a person with either handicap plates or a disabled mirror hanger could be a Disabled Vet. But that aside, if it's not safe for them to drive it doesn't matter why they're disabled.
I agree that a driver has to be safe to drive to be permitted on public streets. What I reacted to was your +1,000,000.

Now getting back to being a safe driver... the only way we can assure that is regular testing of all drivers. Until that happens... Caveat emptor
Gene,

May I respectfully suggest that you fully read a post before clicking reply? As you might end up taking something out of context.

Agreed, driving needs to be taken more seriously in this country then it currently is. One thing that I think would help, is that as with several professions, that drivers be required log x-number of continuing education hours per year. And to keep them from logging them all at the "last minute" they be spread out over the year. So that they have to log x-number per quarter.