Old 08-12-05, 04:51 PM
KristenGilbert

Bikes: Avanlanche 2.0 GT 2005-My second

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mirona
It's sad when walking into some places like this and being a female can attract so much ignorance. There are a few ladies I know that have this happen to them and they're never taken seriously. It would be a good idea to find another shop where they'll appreciate your fine currency.

If you're looking to gain some knowledge, that Sheldon Brown site is a great place to start. Just get exploring and you'll learn so much. Another good source is http://draco.acs.uci.edu/rbfaq/FAQ/ Has a lot of tech stuff, but also other practical information. And, of course, stick to these forums and you'll find out all you need to know.
Being here where everything is bike friendly, a new bike shop won't be hard to find. I just go there because the bike I bought came with a 1 year warranty which I thought I'd need learning how to use the bike. So far, I've broken the chain. I'll never do that again.

Just starting to read on the Sheldon Brown site, I've learned this: "Inexperienced cyclists often pedal at a cadence that is too slow, (too high a gear.) They sometimes think that this is better exercise, because they have to push harder on the pedals. This is an illusion." THIS is why my knees hurt sometimes when I ride. Thank you so much again. I really appreciate your help.