Old 08-31-12, 01:04 PM
Keith99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezealot
I do carry tire boots too.... . But, when the hole is the size of a dime. You really think that would have saved me.? Had I been further from home , I would have given it a try..
On long bike tours, I do take along an extra tire; just in case. On local tours. Well, you can't stuff a whole tire in your jersey pocket.
ps. Bianchi Girl. This past ride, when I had the explosive flat. I had been 45 miles away from home and up in the mountains, about 8 miles from the closest village.
I can pretty easily. In fact it actually fits rather well in my seatbag (which is a pretty average sized one). Fold up tires are available.

I carry that tire, 2 tubes plus patches, a multitool which includes a chainbreaker and a few other tools. I figure the odds at that point are pretty good that the answer for wehn I can't get the bike rolling at all is pretty apt to be ....

I hope someone calls an ambulance for me.

EDIT: Oops forgot. When I tire wears out I try to cut a few boots out of the sidewall. That and the standard glue for tubs can allow yuo to make a long term fix for a tire with a fair sized hold. Long term as in a 1000 miles more riding. (More a slit than a hole in that case).

Last edited by Keith99; 08-31-12 at 01:07 PM.