Bike rider

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh Clubman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Palo alto to Sausalito short Tour- 81 miles with Caltrain
-------------------------------
Today I started at 5am and left for my journey to sausalito, I packed a gallon of water, a lock, a big ziplock bag of powerbars and cliffbars(yummy). I rode my usual route up to the SFO airport in millbrae , that was the easy part. I GPS a route around the airport using my iphone but it took some time to plan it out. Once i got pass the 101 highway i had to navigate through some industrial areas, but after that i hit 3rd street, this is pretty high stress area to ride a bike and watch out for cars and climb a good degree of hill at the same time. Once down 3rd street I finally got to King street and it was smooth sailing to the Embarcadero with the piers, i saw a new flea market area that opened up , large amounts of people cluttering up the side walks waiting for food of some kind. With patience and skill riding i made it to the Golden Gate bridge where it was very foggy, so foggy i couldn't see more than 20 ft ahead. over the bridge and down the hill in to Sausalito i went and got to the end of the sausalito-Mill Valley trail in Mill valley. With a nice bathroom break and snacks/water, i rode back up the hill(pretty steep and curvy) and over the Golden Gate bridge and around a few hundred of zombie walking people i reached the Caltrain and got home.