View Single Post
Old 09-03-12, 09:17 PM
zzOtherlandzz

Bikes: 2011 Rocky Mountain Vertex 29'r, 2007 Trek 1500 -- 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara -- 2006 Gary Fisher Tassajara Disc (converted to touring bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Funky.... It is always interesting to see what your riding!! Cool pics too!!!

I got out for a ride today (Mon)... Friend and I decided to go to San Felasco Hammock Preserve State Park. I had been to the parking area a couple of times while goofing off waiting on people in G.ville. But never actually rode any of the trails.... A friend of ours rode the trails Sunday ... So we decided to give it a shot today!! Some VERY COOL trails... hardly any sand which is odd and rare in Florida.. I rode 32 miles yesterday on the rode bike and was fine after... We rode 12-14 miles today in the woods on the trails and i'm whooped!! Had a blast though. LOTS of elevation changes!!! First time I've actually ridden trails that were made specifically for mountain biking. So needless to say I'm still not that good at dealing with roots... But I managed to ride most of the trails and only had to bail and walk a few times where I didn't quite feel comfortable. I think with some more practice I might graduate to being okay at dealing with roots... :-) Cam the guy I was riding with (way stronger rider than me) was really cool... Rode at my pace which made the whole ride more enjoyable for me. I'm pretty sure he had a good time too... He flew through some of the down hill sections and just waited up for me...

Bottom line.... Great ride.... I'm whooped going to bed .... hahahaha

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ScreenShot026.jpg (101.9 KB, 2 views)
ScreenShot027.jpg (100.3 KB, 2 views)
ScreenShot028.jpg (102.6 KB, 2 views)
ScreenShot029.jpg (99.5 KB, 2 views)