Old 09-04-12, 01:33 PM
NMBuff

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale Syanpse 5 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
Yeah, Martinus said it right; there's no concern with the stock FD accommodating larger chainrings (at least up to his 58t) and it works fine, great even, with my pinned 54t and 44t rings.

What, Buff, happened with your derailleur hanger, btw?
Ordered 56-44T chainring set since I figured the bike was too slow with a large caravan as I found out on Saturday.

Went to the LBS, but found out they were frauds. They "fixed" the derailleur so now it shifts correctly, but it's still bent. I did this before the changing of my crankset (where I found out that they didn't grease the BB!).

I'm going to take this little bike in since I need to get the BB faced (and probably chased) to a different LBS and also have them fix the hanger.

marquee, we need more info on the BB type. Square? Hollowtech (External BB)? Your chain would probably be fine, but I thought the chain was crap and I like the powerlink chains anyway. I found a great deal, but also had to buy an external BB tool to tighten as well as now going to a new LBS to get it faced and chased. Going to be another $20-30 and you aren't going to have the tools for those (they are in excess of $400+).

Except for the Kilo TT I don't know if I'd purchase another BikesDirect bike.