Longhorn
Burnt Orange Blood

Bikes: Trek 7200, Lashout Electric Bike, Raleigh Talon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roesslk
I went to an orthopedist and he gave me anti infammatory drugs and wanted me to come back to begin a "cortisone shot regimen". Heh. Um, no, not me. If there's a better, natural, less painful way to go about something, I'll do it. Massage therapy isn't quite like I had thought. I had been to this place years ago - I was only 43 and thought I needed hip replacement. My muscles in my legs were such a mess from sitting on my arse all day at work and not doing any exercise. Anyway, I saw the therapist for 3 months, once a week. The first visits were very painful - none of his scented candle, background Om music stuff. Today it will hurt - but not like cortisone shot would.
I just read some advice on another board about a treatment for plantar fasciitis: ". . . cool water soaks for about 20 - 30 minutes per foot, every day. You fill a basin with water from the tap that is nice and cool, but not uncomfortably so. Then, grab a bowl with some ice cubes, and every 5 minutes add about 2 or 3 ice cubes so the water doesn't warm up. The effects should be noticable after just one time, and get better the more you do it."

I don't have the condition so I can't say if it works but it's free and worth a try. Good luck!