Old 09-06-12, 07:50 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by MightyLegnano
I have an old mountain bike (80's) with new but cheap or recycled components and I've done with it thousands of miles loaded with fridge and sink. In times I have to use the poor thing while raining, snowing every single day. It is still in perfect working condition, the nicest bike I have ever ridden.

The only new bike I had, was an old bmx when I was a kid. Is the joy of getting a new bike so strong?

There are so many nice bikes out there, almost dead from obsolescence, waiting for someone to resurrect them, why buy a new expensive one? You will lose the joy of making it work as well. I don't get it.

A good old steel road bike is so much slower than a new hi tech carbon one? I seriously doubt it.
Because after you have enjoyed all the hard work of restoring a Old steel road bike into a like new condition, paint, Crankset, wheels, tires bars saddle. you will have spent almost as much as a new bike and still you will have an old bike that rides like an old bike. If that is all you think a bike is worth fine. And yes the new Hi tech bikes are better.