View Single Post
Old 09-08-12, 06:27 AM
Bikey Mikey

Bikes: Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
The LBS retrued the wheel after replacing the nipple with a new one. They removed the rim strip(also to get the nipple as it was inside the rim) and looked closely at all the other spokes. Obviously if I have another nipple issue, I'll see if they think it should be replaced under warranty and have them handle it. They have wheels I can borrow if that needs to be done. I have had some rough roads to deal with a while ago--one area they were repaving and I had to pull up so it wasn't a hard impact where the prepared area met the new paving(stood up so my weight wasn't on the seat as the tires went over)--BTW, as it has been noted, I'm a lightweight--was mid 140 lbs when I started and only 141 now.

Interesting salesman was at the shop--Continental Rep was there(loved seeing I was using Gators)--he said that if I think of an upgrade, get some hand built wheels(don't go nuts with fancy-shmancy expensive ones). He hasn't had a spoke problem since he got hand builts and he rides his road tires off road.