Old 09-09-12, 11:20 PM
FMadridRN

Bikes: 2012 Trek 7.2 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Out of shape or are Road bikes just that much easier to ride?

Was trekking (get it?) one morning and was on this slight grade uphill. I was huffing pretty much and i just hear two women saying they were passing me on the left. So like a good biker should, I just slightly made room. i then noted that the two women on road bikes were just gliding by as if the hill wasnt really that big a deal. My ego was a little miffed but then i started reasoning. I was already 10 miles into a ride. I just came back from a cruise and have not ridden for 5 days. I definitely was not in shape.

All this I thought, but the way they just passed me...they werent even fast. it just seemed like it was an easier for them on road bikes. Am I crazy in thinking this? This makes me want to have a road bike now especially if my terrain is this hard and being on a hybrid is what is killing my efforts. Im not one for racing but whatever makes my ride easier.

Anyway the only saving grace for me is that I know my 35 tires are savings my ass from getting a flat. but damn seriously lol. I have never ridden a road bikes so maybe someone who has made the leap can share the experience.