Old 09-11-12, 08:38 PM
bobthib
Legs; OK! Lungs; not!

Bikes: ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, ''11 Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ludkeh
Congratulations!! A sprint tri is my goal for next summer! The bike will be a piece of cake but I have to learn how too run and my body has to get used to the pounding from running. I've just started running and will be using the Galloway walk/run system until my muscles and tendons become acclaimed to the sport.

Unfortunately like you, I'm 64 now and next summer will still be in the 60-65 age group bracket. I guess I just have to live long enough to eliminate the competition.
Ludkeh, best of luck training. I found the running to be the hardest part. But I only started training about 6 weeks ago, so I was pretty happy with my run.

I wiped out my AG on the bike, and I didn't give it my all as I was worried about not having it for the run. None the less, I was really happy with my run.

The swim seemed very long, but it was OK. I know I can do better. 11:48 leaves a lot of room to improve.

I did much better on the run than I expected. I had to stop once at .6 mi. to re-tie my shoes (get speed laces) and I walked for 100 yds at the 1.5 mi mark. I can probably save a min here with more training.

My transitions were very long, 5:48 and 3:00. I know I can easily save 3 -4 min right there, and that would have earned me 2nd place. But I was given some sage advice, which I will pass to you now. On your first tri, race to complete, not to compete. Do your best in the efforts, but enjoy and learn.

I have good new for you. The AGs are base on your age as of Dec 31 of the year, and are 60 - 64 and 65 - 69 so you WILL be in the same group as I will, 65 - 69. In looking over the results on multirace.com, I should be able to have quite a few podium finishes, God willing.

This season is over for me. I will be in Disney with family for the 9/23 race, and doing a LiveStrong cancer ride with my Grandson on 10/14, the last local sprint event. So I'll just focus on training for now.