Old 09-12-12, 09:56 AM
mrrabbit 

Bikes: 2001 Tommasini Sintesi w/ Campagnolo Daytona 10 Speed

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 30 Posts
1. You can hang out at Bicycle Express in San Jose, CA, located between 3rd and 4th Streets on William St. a few blocks south of San Jose State. Chuck, Eric and Jose loan out tools on a daily basis, and provide a box of small tools accessible at the counter. When things have slowed down, they'll provide tips, and sometimes come outside and provide a few pointers when someone has a question. There is often a customer out there who knows a thing or two who help out as well...

Be aware though that on Bike Party Friday starting about 4:00pm - it'll be jammed packed - cause everyone on the face of the planet will doing last minute tube, chain, pedal, crank and bottom bracket replacement.

2. You can arrange an appointment with me - possibly several - to do a few simple wheel related things.

- Lace a wheel
- Do rough true, tension and dish just to get on the road so to speak.
- Re-pack a hub - replace a freehub - remove a freewheel.

I won't bother with all the ERD, calculation stuff, unless you are really interested.

Phone number and email are at my website: http://www.mrrabbit.net/wheelsbyfleming.php

3. Dale Saso, longtime master framebuilder, someone who I know quite well resides only a mile from me in my neighborhood. He is always happy to meet someone who is motivated, willing to learn, take things seriously but with a humorous side was well - the art and craft of frame building.

He's a very busy guy - who does have periods where things have slowed down enough to set aside time for someone. So you'll have to be patient.

http://www.sasobike.com

His email and phone number are on his website.

=8-)

Disclaimer:

1. I do not claim to be an expert in bicycle mechanics despite my experience.
2. I like anyone will comment in other areas.
3. I do not own the preexisting concepts of DISH and ERD.
4. I will provide information as I always have to others that I believe will help them protect themselves from unscrupulous mechanics.
5. My all time favorite book is:

Kahane, Howard. Logic and Contemporary Rhetoric: The Use of Reason in Everyday Life

Last edited by mrrabbit; 09-12-12 at 09:59 AM.