Old 09-14-12, 10:16 PM
krobinson103

Bikes: Nothing amazing... cheap old 21 speed mtb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I started at 220 pounds and I really didn't like looking at the scales. My pants were edging out to 38inches at the waist and I hated it. So I sold my motorcycle, upgraded my bike and started to ride predawn every single morning. Then I stopped using the scooter or the car and now I only ride my bikes where ever I go. I went from 220 pounds, 38 inch waist, dying at riding 10 miles to 185 pounds, 31.5 inch waist, riding 1200km a month or better. On Sundays I ride 150km every week. Now my wife/family get on my case for being too SKINNY not too fat. You can't win either way! I also increased my cruising pace to 30-37km/h and averaging 24-28km/h depending on the day and how I feel.

Never going back to the way I was! I can ride for 7 hours, play with the kids, walk up the local hill, and not feel it. My pulse rate has dropped to 60bpm resting, my blood pressure has dropped to almost 'athletic' levels, and I got my bmi down from 28 to 23-24. Oh yes, the energy I use everyday means I can eat a lot and still find it hard to keep weight on.