Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Don't Do This!!!

So I am a SART rider and we all know that I am a dangerous sucky riders that doesn't know how to ride in traffic. Yeah, yeah, all you ROAD riders are skilled riders that avoid the trail because of riders like me.

But I must say a few weeks ago we rode a stretch of PCH. Along the way I saw a few riders do this and I've seen a few others do the same as I haved joined others in rides over the years. What gets me is that some of these riders use flashing lights, front and back and every other safety gizmo they can buy. Not to mention that the converstion on the ride is about how safe they ride while fighting unsafe drivers the entire time on the bike.

But when we approach an intersection with a turn lane, they take the inside! Sometimes while vehicular traffic has a green right turn arrow while we have a red light in the straight direction.

I've seen quite a few riders do this. Just a few weeks ago on our century, we were lined up (green arrows) waiting to go straight. Behind a speeding cyclist approached just as the light was about to turn green. An SUV at a red light ready to make a right hand turn. The light turned green and just the SUV launched into the right turn, the speeding cyclist squeezed though on the right between the curb and the SUV.

Luckily for the cyclist, the SUV was paying attention to his surroundings and slammed on his brakes before impact or I would have had some graphic footage and pics.

We were lined up (green stars) while the stupid lucky rider was on the right (red arrow) doing about 20 mph when he squeezed through.

turn1 by mrbeanz1, on Flickr