Old 09-22-12, 10:04 AM
Yo Spiff
Carpe Velo

Bikes: 2000 Bianchi Veloce, '88 Schwinn Prologue, '90 Bianchi Volpe,'94 Yokota Grizzly Peak, Yokota Enterprise, '16 Diamondback Haanjo, '91 Bianchi Boardwalk, Ellsworth cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Kudos to the seller for being willing to take it back. I bought a lens one time from CL and upon trying it out, discovered the stabilizer wasn't working right and was actually causing blur. The seller gave me my money back and said he would send the lens off for repair. He could have just ignored my attempts to contact him, so he got a lot of respect from me for his honesty.

Cables, chain and tires are normal maintenance items that you can expect any used bike to possibly need. If you can learn to do the work yourself, then you will know what to look for in the future and you will be able to do the repairs for the cost of the parts.

I recently bought an '87 Nishiki sport for my daughter for $40 and it was in terrible shape. However, the seller was another enthusiast who didn't misrepresent the bike. By the time I was done, I had $150-200 in the bike, and my daughter loves it.

Last edited by Yo Spiff; 09-22-12 at 10:09 AM.