View Single Post
Old 08-16-05, 05:55 AM
af895

Bikes: 2003 KHS F20-Westwood folding & enough parts to make several more bikes...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LittlePixel
My yellow rear dahon stelvio (folding) died when I rode it semi inflated after an untraceble puncture - the layers all started to peel. Obviously this was not 'fair use' of the tyre but a shame. I've just got some Continental Grand Prix and am very impressed. They are marginally skinnier, seem a lot more robust and the best bit are noticably quicker. Stelvio speed record on the morning downhill: 35.6 mph. First run on the conti's: 37.2 mph. Off the button.

Who else wishes there were more colours for road tyres in this size?
(I'm a graphic designer - I can't help but be into the aesthetics!)
Naw, I'm with you. I'm a sometimes graphic designer too. My life is colour coordinated.

http://www.schwalbetires.com/racing....es/stelvio.jpg
Black, mango, white, red, blue. Pretty awesome colour options there.
If the Marathons came in red or white, I'd have gotten those.

BTW: the 20x1.50 Marathons (40-406) arrived yesterday! YEAAAAAAAAAAH!

I put the new Presta tubes in, bought a digital gauge (no way was I going to overinflate and pop 'em) and went for a ride.

!!!

HOLY COW.

I log my rides. Usual average is 14 to 16km/h (yeah, I'm outta shape, I know) with the 60psi semi-knobby 20x2.0's that came with the bike.

With the Marathons at 80psi, I averaged 20km/h over a 7km loop.

Tonight, at the suggestion of Celeste at Schwalbe, I'm bumping the pressure up to 90psi. (max is 100)
Man, what a difference!

The white retro-reflective sidewall stripe looks sharp and the overall "fit and finish" of these tires is top-notch.

More to report once I have a hundred miles on 'em.
Got a Brooks B67 slated to arrive tomorrow. I'm borrowing a comfort saddle that isn't that bad but my butt is the limiting factor for my rides.