Old 09-28-12, 03:32 PM
RikuKat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nerys
projected price. are we talking "around" $100 or over $200 ? (rough estimate I don't expect you to have solid figures yet) just want to know if this is in the realm of feasible or a pipe dream for me :-)

is the device all in one or does it have other parts? (IE I don't want a chest strap)

will it be universal? IE any program on my phone can "access" the data such as strava for example. (I hate proprietary stuff :-) hehe

I assume it has an accelerometer inside and that is how it detects your cadence?

will it use Baro altitude or GPS altitude? reason is baro is relatively accurate while GPS alt is a crap shoot most of the time :-)

also does galaxy S series mean the Galaxy S only or does that also include the SII and SIII ? I guess that is not really that important just curious.
We are projecting it to be under $200, approximately $169.

This is all in one. Or, rather, all in two, because you need your phone with you, even if it's just in your pocket. The device is JUST an anklet or JUST a bikeshorts clip. Each box with come with a shorts clip (has to be used with tight bike shorts) and an anklet (can even be used for running! we have that in our app as well) and the "core" you can switch back and forth between the two depending on which you want to use at the time.

We plan for the data to be either exportable or contained in a .fit file, which is the universally used format, so, yes, you can use it with Strava. I don't know if you can use the device directly with Strava while biking (nor could I imagine why you'd want to, our interface is much nicer).

I don't want to speak component specifics without approval from my boss, but I can say that, yes, it has a barometer, so the altitude is extremely accurate.

The Galaxy S Series means any of the Galaxy S phones, included the later versions (SII and SIII).