Old 09-29-12, 10:14 AM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
I did a 40 minute workout on the spin trainer this morning using the PT. I noted the difference in power generated on the trainer vs. on the road, which (as expected) corresponded to HR and was lower than on the road - much lower! That was not a surprise, the "how much lower" was. In spite of feeling like I was working hard, it was very difficult to hit 200 watts (and get much over 136 on HR). Sustaining 150 - 160 watts took what felt like a huge effort, I couldn't hold that level for long.

I did two minutes on each cog of the cassette until I warmed up. For the final ten minutes I did varying efforts. I did not follow any protocol on the TRS, I just spun. My garage is fairly cool that early in the morning, 53 degrees, but I still managed to "sweat like a guy" and left a copious puddle on the floor and on the top tube of my Look. I also totally drained a water bottle!

Tomorrow I'll do one of Coach's "Openers" on the trainer to get a feel for how they work.