View Single Post
Old 09-30-12, 10:58 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5787 Post(s)
Liked 2,579 Times in 1,430 Posts
Originally Posted by LtGorewrath
How exactly can i do this?
I deflate the tube but not all the way just a little bit of air inside and i make sure the tube is in the tire properly and then i put the other half of the tire in and then inflate it but still the same
Is the lump, where you last pushed the tire over? (if not sure, mark that area next time). Or is it at the valve?

Also, what kind or rim do you have? Look at the cross sections here, and tell us which is most like yours. The area of concern is the shape of the tire side, not whether it's aero or not.

On rims with recessed center wells, (silver ones, third box from left top row) having one part of the tire in the well creates slack allowing another area to be too high. Often you have to seek out low spots and lift them out while spreading the tire around evenly, to pull down high spots.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.