View Single Post
Old 10-01-12, 01:00 AM
jimc101

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Mondo734
Just to clarify I know that I need a 1 1/8 threadless headset but I don't know what different types or styles there are or what the cost and benefits of them are. Thanks
For headset types, you can see the common types here http://www.canecreek.com/headset-fit...p=2&lastStep=1

Back in 2007, intergrated were not as common as they are today, and all the pictures I can see from Googling the bike show that it has a traditional type.

For benefits of the type, this is not an issue, as you can only fit the type specific to your frame to your frame; for costs, high end = Chris King / Cane Creek 110, good value = FSA Orbit / Cane Creek 10, take your pick, this is one part would look at getting as new even, as it's hard to tell what condition a used one will be in, and the cost for a basic FSA is minimal.

Would look the costs of your project vs buying a complete / doner bike (Bikes Direct?), as building is always more expensive than buying complete, can you get all the part you need cheaper used than getting a complete new bike?